links to Drone Safety information
Everybody who wishes to fly a Drone in the UK whether it be as a Hobbyist or a Professional PFCO Operator MUST understand the implications involved in both the Flying of the Drone and ALL the Safety aspects involved in operating a Drone to comply with ALL the UK CAA Regulations. Please click on the Links below to familiarise yourself with all the relevant documentation available from the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority).
BE DRONE SAFE-BE DRONE AWARE-BE DRONE LEGAL
- Always keep your drone in sight This means you can see and avoid other things while flying
- Stay below 400ft (120m) to comply with the drone code 400ft (120m) This reduces the likelihood of a conflict with manned aircraft
- Every time you fly your drone you must follow the manufacturer’s instructions Keep your drone, and the people around you, safe
- Keep the right distance from people and property in built-up areas unless you have a PFCO to fly there.
- Legal responsibility lies with you Failure to fly responsibly could result in criminal prosecution
- Stay well away from aircraft, airports and airfields If your drone endangers the safety of an aircraft it is a criminal offence and you could go to prison for five years
Aircraft with an operating mass greater than 20kg and/or those flown beyond visual line of sight
Guidance on regulations, reporting concerns and hiring a drone operator for filming or photography